Things that apply to almost all spirits:
- When a spirit is conjured, it will perform 3 services for its summoner.
- When a spirit is conjured into existence, it exists only on the astral planes, not in the physical world.
- The spirit can use their powers to effect the one who summoned them, or anything else that is active in the astral planes.
- If the summoner wants the spirit to effect anything physical (IE, not the summoner or something on the Astral Planes), the spirit must "manifest" into our world, this counts as 1 service rendered to the summoner.
- If the summoner casts a spell that has to be sustained, like invisibility, they can have a spirit sustain the spell instead.
Options (Chosen when summoning):
- 3 more services: +4 drain
- Add "Really Strong" trait to spirit: +2 drain
- Add "Fortitude" trait to spirit: +2 drain
- Add "Really Fast" trait to spirit: +2 drain
Unlike player characters, spirits can use these traits both in the physical and astral worlds.
Here is the list of spirits to choose from when creating a character.
- Elementals - Conjured by Hermetic Mages
- Nature Spirits - Conjured by Shaman
- Voodoo Spirits - Conjured by houngan
- Spirits of the Elements - Conjured by Wujen (sometimes Shaman)
- Ancestor Spirits - Conjured by anyone who holds ancestors in spiritually high esteem (Replaces Spirits of Man)
- Watcher Spirits - Conjured by everyone.